Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Our printer was returned with a note saying there was no problem found. For the first few weeks the printer worked normally but recently it has started to show signs of the misprint issue again.

Typically the problem occurs when printing PDFs larger than 10 pages, especially when printing duplex. It has also happened when printing from both XP and OSX versions of MS Word, I've not experienced it yet via Open Office on a Ubuntu Linux environment.

I have called HP tech support, as has another colleague, but generally we get put through to India and to people with very little to no technical experience at all. The last conversation I had was about removing and resetting the optional memory module - which was 1) not installed (and AFAIK doesn't come pre-installed on any printer) and 2) was never mentioned in all conversations leding up to the "fix" and 3) took a number of times before the tech support would believe me that there was no memory module installed

We've given up at the moment, as other things are pressing. 

Of note though, we have one of the large capacity black ink cartridges currently in the printer. About 4 weeks ago the printer flagged that it was out of ink and promptly stopped printing. We went through the printers menu and found the print override option. It has been happily printing perfectly black and legible pages since then!! I hope that this tip might save people some money on cartridges, which might compensate for the loss of paper from misprints! 🙂

HP Recommended

Aloha Happy HP Users...

I just bought this printer and wished I would have seen this board before purchasing. I will be bringing this thing back to Office Depo, again and again, within their 14 day exchange only period and wear them out until I get a new model or one that works.

In the meantime... if you turn the printer off for about 2 minutes, reboot it, then go into the menu under SERVICE and go to RESTORE DEFAULTS then OK... this will be good for a couple hundred pages until the error occurs again. I am a computer trainer and print 100, 100-plus page manuals weekly and my HP2015 worked well for many years, but this is not good if it's a problem with the technology of the printer.

Given this is an HP board, I am verrrrry dissappointed that there are no HP'ers giving us some insite and help. This quality and what I have seen with some of their other printers is starting to point to maybe the demise of HP quality... too bad. I will definitely not be purchasing another one of their printers after this!

Aloha

HP Recommended

I got the same issue in my CP2025 printer which has 2 trays (tray 1 and tray2 ) and I called HP call center and got some recommendation from their level2 team. tried those settings and my unit started printing perfectly fine.

Below is the details:

These settings need to be changed only in printer using ToolboxFX or EWS.

* Do not change/modify any settings in printer drivers. Leave the printer drivers with default settings.

In System Tab and Paper Handling:
Default Paper Size: A4 or Letter
Default Paper Type: Plain
Manual Feed: Off
Tray 1 Size: Any Size
Tray 1 Type: Any Type
Tray 2 Size: A4 or Letter
Tray 2 Type: Heavy 111-130g
Tray 3 Size: A4 or Letter
Tray 3 Type: Heavy 111-130g  

In Paper Out Handling:
Select Specify Time and Action.
Paper Out Time: 0 Seconds
Paper Out Action: Override

In System Tab and Print Quality:
Power-On Calibration: 60 Minutes
Calibration Timing: 168 hours   

Note: Tray 2 and Tray 3 availability will differ based on Models. 

I hope this should help you.. Best of luck.

AlwinJohn

HP Recommended
I got the same issue in my CP2025 printer which has 2 trays (tray 1 and tray2 ) and I called HP call center and got some recommendation from their level2 team. tried those settings and my unit started printing perfectly fine. Below is the details: These settings need to be changed only in printer using ToolboxFX or EWS. * Do not change/modify any settings in printer drivers. Leave the printer drivers with default settings. In System Tab and Paper Handling: Default Paper Size: A4 or Letter Default Paper Type: Plain Manual Feed: Off Tray 1 Size: Any Size Tray 1 Type: Any Type Tray 2 Size: A4 or Letter Tray 2 Type: Heavy 111-130g Tray 3 Size: A4 or Letter Tray 3 Type: Heavy 111-130g In Paper Out Handling: Select Specify Time and Action. Paper Out Time: 0 Seconds Paper Out Action: Override In System Tab and Print Quality: Power-On Calibration: 60 Minutes Calibration Timing: 168 hours Note: Tray 2 and Tray 3 availability will differ based on Models. I hope this should help you.. Best of luck. AlwinJohn
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just upgrade the latest firmware (Firmware Datecode: 20100512).

The print works perfectly. (more than one week ago)

Good luck 🙂

HP Recommended

Updating to the latest firmware (20100512) does not fix the problem.  I am using windows 7 (64 bit).

Printing one page at a time works OK.  Submitting multiple one page jobs in a queue or printing multiple page (two-sided) documents always cause the problem.  It seems like a firmware problem that HP should fix.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem on a printer I just took out of the box this week.  I consulted the live chat on the HP website and the "technician" walked through a series of steps.  First, load paper in tray one and print the document.  I had no errors when using paper from tray 1. Thinking I just got lucky, I reprinted the document 4 times, each without an error.   I then loaded paper back into tray two and closed tray 1 and the problem instantly returned on the second page.  It turns out that there is some sort of defect in the paper pickup roller for paper tray 2.  It causes a hesitation in loading the paper, causing it to be slightly out of alignmnet, which the printer then automatically enters a cleaning cycle.  Since the misfeed happens on the first printed side it spits it out without printing side 2 and leaves you with an operator interaction of pressing ok before it continues.  I am lucky enough to be able to send this one back for a replacement.  Others may want to use tray one or have the pickup roller replaced.  I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

This same issue has been bothering me for the past few months. I just spoke with HP online support and apparently the problem is now solved. The technician told me that apparently the memory of the printer gets "locked". This simple procedure may resolve the issue:

1- Turn off the printer.

2- With the printer off, press at the same time the right arrow button (>) and the Cancel button (X)

3- With the previous buttons still pressed, turn the printer back on.

4- Keep the buttons pressed until the message <Permanent Storage init.> appears on the printer. When you see this message release the cancel and right arrow buttons.

This should solve the problem. Good luck to you all!

HP Recommended

We have the same problem, and none of the above solutions work.

If the document contains more than 2 pages the printer goes into cleaning mode, and errors. After we hit ok on the printer, the last printed page is printed again. The problem will repeat itself every two pages.

Lots of wasted Ink, paper and time.

Note : HP services only test printing multiple times the same page, and returned the printer saying everything is OK, despite our precision signaling the problem as being on Multi paged documents.

We tested the printer on the spot at HP service center, and since the issue had not been  solved, we called the HP "technician", and they still would not admit the printer had a problem. (Despite our demo in front of them at the reception center, the "technicians" on the phone just kept repeating they had tested the printer and that it was working)

- Updating drivers doesn't change problem.

- Upgrading firmware doesn't clear problem.

- Printing from macs or pc's doesn't make a change.

- Changing paper formats etc as mentioned above doesn't work.

- "Permanent Storage init" reset operation doesn't make a change.

Note: We have a additional Tray 3, if we put paper only in this tray, the printer prints fine, so it does not seem we have a memory problem.  Multiple trays was the main reason for which this printer was bought, and we will have to change for another printer if the issue can't be fixed.

HP still sells these printers, its time they admit there is a problem, and start working on a solution.

(Maybe modify the firmware so we could have an option to disable this cleaning mode for this particular error)

HP Recommended

had the same problem

found out it was an ink issue

i used refills

since i use the originals the problem is solved

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.