Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
300 color MFP M375
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to be able to completely wipe the internal memory in my laser printer. Someone was able to connect to our wifi network and print off some nasty images. Need to be sure they're not lurking on the printer memory so that these images do not make their way onto future prints. No jokes please. This is real and happened to us. Quite disturbing.

Thx.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @andysea

The only wauy to get that its by doing a reset to the unit meaning it will loose all current configuration to the unit as far as network , settings , set up fax among others 

A job that was sent to the queue will never print again but at the same time if someone access already a printer unless you change the IP address to the unit they will be able to print again 

Performing an NVRAM initialization resets the following settings and information:
● All menu settings are reset to factory default values.
● All localization settings, including language and country/region, are reset.
CAUTION: All onboard network settings are also reset. Be sure to print a configuration page before
restoring defaults. Make note of the IP address that is listed on the Jetdirect configuration page. You
might need to restore the IP address after an NVRAM initialization.

After performing an NVRAM initialization, reconfigure any computers that print to this product.
Uninstall and then reinstall the product software on the computers.
1. Turn the product off.
2. Simultaneously touch the Right Arrow button and the Cancel button. Continue touching these
buttons, and then turn the product on.
3. When the Permanent Strorage Intitialization message displays, release both buttons.
When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
HP Recommended

I used the method described in this thread with no luck.  Is there any other method to reset the printer to original factory settings?  I bought one of these printers on ebay and it has a password which the seller doesn't know so I can't do anything with it.

HP Recommended

I will try and help.The printer has no real memory to remember such print outs etc.The only way i would try and resolve the problem will be to manage the printer setup on the network.(i know this will be a hell of a job) all user will have to be reinstalled to work.Or maybe just have you IT guy try and block such events in the future.I am not sure if this model might allow private printing as an option but that can also just make the printing a bit more secure.Hope this will give some ideas.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

This does not work.  When the unit is off, the cancel and arrow buttons cannot be seen, but even if you press in the area where they usually are and restart, the printer goes through the usual initialization steps (same as when you aren't pressing the 2 buttons) and once complete, the memory has not cleared.  After going through this multiple times, every time I went to print the file, I ran into the same low memory problem.  I also tried unplugging the unit from the wall and then going throght the process again - no luck.  Any other ideas?  Why isn't this working?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.