Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M277dw
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I am trying to set up the Scan to Network Folder feature with my Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M277dw and my MacBook Air running OS X 10.10.5.  I have set up the SMB shared folder as directed, you can see here where I gave Everyone Read/Write access:

Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 8.29.15 PM.png

On the HP Management page, I have put in the path using my IP address, as was suggested in this other article.  However, the connection test is still failing.  Could someone give me some pointers?  Below is everything that I entered into the HP form:

Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 8.30.24 PM.png

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sure,

You may find the firmware listed on the product page below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Color-LaserJet-MFP-M277-series/7089945/model/7089...

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Be sure to provide your username and password (if a such been set), then ceck for any difference.

Additionally within the Sharing options on your Mac click the Options button, ensure that SMB is selected and your username is checked.

If the same persists update the latest formware for your printer and try again:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Color-LaserJet-MFP-M277-series/7089945/model/7089949/document...

Please let me know the resutls,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to to solve the problem.  The screenshots below show that my SMB is (I believe), set in my preferences in the way that you described.  I also have the permissions set to Read/Write for Everyone:

Screen Shot 2015-09-13 at 10.40.08 AM.png

I added my username and password to the HP settings.  I believe my username should be the same as the one shown in the above screenshot?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Screen Shot 2015-09-13 at 10.41.51 AM.png

Additionally, I tried to update the firmware and followed all the steps in the link that you sent.  After requesting that it check for updates, I get a message that it cannot access this service.  I find this weird, as the wireless connection shows "on" and when I click on the details of the connection, it displays the IP address for the printer and our wireless network name.  So I'm also not sure what to do about that, I couldn't find a related situation in the troubleshooting section of the manual.  Thank you for any advice that you have.

HP Recommended

Thank you for clarifying.

Try updating the firmware using the utility below instead:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL62140/kj-149905-2/M277_MFP_Series_FW_Update-20150716.dmg

Once you are done a configuration report should print, ensure it show the firmware datecode as 20150716 and try again.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Could you please send me the original webpage where I can find this program?  I don't like to install software onto my computer unless I can see where it originates from.  My computer is also flagging that the developer is not identified within the software and is refusing to open it.  I don't want to override that until I can see the source.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Sure,

You may find the firmware listed on the product page below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Color-LaserJet-MFP-M277-series/7089945/model/7089...

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thank you, I was finally able to get scans working after installing the new software. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.