Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet 200 cf147a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The display on the printer says to "Load paper."

However, I cannot remove or open the paper tray.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @printerdope,

Thanks for letting me know that you are still having issues with the tray. The tray is probably off the track. You might be able to flip the printer over so you can get a better look, to see what is going on with the tray.

If the printer is under warranty, call in to inquire about a replacement and if the printer is out of warranty you can still have the printer serviced.

Thanks.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @printerdope,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I understand that you are having issues removing the paper tray. I would be happy to help you. 

Make sure the printer is on a flat surface. Open the Jam access door to see if that will help to see what the tray might be caught on. You might have to gently wiggle the tray to get it on the grooves to remove it.

If the issue continues, please contact HP Customer Support to find out what service or trade-in options are available. Fill
in the model number and the form to receive a case number for
quicker assistance.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help, please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up". Let me know how you make out. Cheers!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Gemini02 provided helpful suggestions - I opened jam access door - apparently tray is on its slides properly.  I loaded about 100 sheets of paper without being able to open the tray.  Message on the screen still says load paper - must be a sensor and some sort of automated interlock or safety feature which does not permit opening the tray.  Obviously, this is not a problem which the user can get around - I could probably get the drawer open, but might damage something in the process.  Surely HP has a repair facility in the Dallas-Fort Worth area that can take a look at this? 

Gemini02's suggestion to contact support was a good one.  The link gave me a phone number which went to helpdesk in India.  Ganesh helped - HP will send a refurb printer to my house with a call tag to return the one I have.   Should be resolved in about 1 week. 

HP Recommended

Hi @printerdope,

Thanks for letting me know that you are still having issues with the tray. The tray is probably off the track. You might be able to flip the printer over so you can get a better look, to see what is going on with the tray.

If the printer is under warranty, call in to inquire about a replacement and if the printer is out of warranty you can still have the printer serviced.

Thanks.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.