05-10-2010 08:04 AM
I recently upgraded from WinXP Pro to Win7 Pro. The driver for the Color LaserJet 2500 installed
and the printer is working. BUT....I can only print in Black and White, not in color. I hooked up the
printer to a different machine still running XP and it prints in color fine. So the issue is definitely the
Win7 driver. I looked in HP support but couldn't find a Win7 specific driver is there one, or is there
some work around ?
05-10-2010 03:58 PM
We had the same problem at my office today. Remove your printer from your computer printer list. Then choose add printer, choose windows update to update list of printers. Select "HP 2500C Series Printer", that worked for us. We now have color. Hope that helps.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation