Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Our HP Color LaserJet CP2025 jams continuously when using 8.5x11 cardstock paper. Here are the particulars:

Operating System: Windows XP

Program Software: Microsoft Word 2000 & Windows Explorer using an Adobe based Web Printing Service

Before I print with cardstock (110lb, 199g/m2), I go to the printer properties and change the paper settings to cardstock/heavy. I have tried every paper type setting, from HP Cover Matte 200g to Mid-Weight 96-110g, with the same results, jam after jam after jam....you get the idea. No matter the setting, I get the same results, a few (2-3 max) pages will print but then it jams. Please help! 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Seems there is a problem with the rollers in the CP2025's. Ours started to jam within the first week of purchase.

We have tried different paper, opened and used new reams of paper, tried different paper brands (all LaserBond) and we get about 4 to 5 jams per day using standard 90gsm.

HP Recommended

There is clearly something wrong here. WIthout seeing it, I have a few ideas for you to check:

1. Are the paper guides in the tray set properly? If they are too loose the paper can feed skewed and you get more jams. Also make sure that the size of paper your driver is set to and the size the printer is set to are the same.

2. Remove the tray and make sure that the bypass path (the little slot above the tray where paper feeds from the tray 1, or manual feed tray must latch up on both sides.

3. Did it ever work well? One thing that causes repeating jams is if you leave a shred of paper in the paper path after removing a sheet. Some times the first jam you get is just random, but when you pull out the sheet, it tears and you leave a little bit of paper inside, and that bit of paper hangs up following sheets, and you never work right until you find it.

Other than that, some times by looking at the front edge of the sheet when you remove it from the printer, you get a clue as to what it is hitting.

HP Recommended

Heavy paper has a tough time going around the corners in the paper path. You can eliminate 1 big turn by feeding this paper try tray 1, the flip down tray in the front. The pick mechanism for the tront tray is often designed to better feed heavy paper.

HP Recommended

Our Laserjet CP2025 has started to jam after every 1-3 pages for no apparent reason. We have not changed the paper used, I have checked for any bloackages or stray bits of paper and I've ensured the guides are tight against the paper but it continues to jam. Interestingly, all of the colour laserjets in our department have started to experience the same problem, though they are not all CP2025s. All jam in tray 2 and many of the jams are phantoms. One of the printers is over 4 years old while the CP2025 is barely 2 years old. I am close to replacing every printer with another brand, so any advice would be appreciated!

HP Recommended

I noticed there are a lot of issues regarding the HPlaser Cp2025 it has got to be something with Tray 2 because I can use tray one all day and not get any jams

HP Recommended

I have a rear access paper jam and am unable to remove the paper (too little expose to grab without tsearing the paper.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.