Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have two Color Laserjet CP2025dn printers. They both have color alignment issues. One is worse than the other, but they are both bad enough to keep my users from printing in color.

Both printers are out of warranty.

On one, all three colors are shifted to the left. On the other, the cyan is shifted to the left.

Firmware updates have not fixed the issue, nor have countless attempts at calibration through the control panel, nor have new toner cartridges.

Please tell me there is something I can do to fix this.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Hi there. please try these steps below in the link

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=...
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

Hi Mean,

Would you please share the Diagnostics page information, preferrably a scan of the entire page?  That allows us to see the magnitude of the problem and see the pertinent diagnostic info.  If you are unable to scan the page, please report the values on rows 18 and 19.

To print the Diagnostics Page, use the control panel to find the Reports options and select Diagnostics Page.

----------------------
I am an HP employee
HP Recommended
I have a color registration problem, tried your link, and ran "Calibrate," but no change" Only had a problem when I just replaced the "Magenta" cartridge.
HP Recommended

I realize this is probably too late to help you, but perhaps it'll help someone else.  I had the same problem.  What worked for me was to reset the printer to factory defaults.  Do this by shutting down the printer.  Hold the 2 arrow buttons down while turning the printer on.  I held them down for about 10 seconds.  Then I did a print calibration.  Print alignment problem was fixed.

Hope this helps you.

HP Recommended

I have a similar issue with magenta and yellow both missaligned at the same distance.  Blue and Black same.

For me on the Diagnostics Page it reads:

18  0000 -0006 0014 -0016 0000------the rest of the way

19  -0080 -0108 -0085 000 -0016 0000 0105 0000 0029 0009 0163 0000-----the rest of the way.

any help?

HP Recommended

20161210_1612570.jpg

Ihave the same problem.  I've tried everything to colibrate, but nothing helps.

Here is my Diagnostic page, if someone have any ideas please help 😞

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.