Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a colour laserjet CP1215 and (I think since changing the black cartridge) the colours are printing out of alignment. It looks like just the black ink is out of line with the other colours. Have tried various re-calibrations etc, but nothings worked so far. I've been advised by our IT support company that it's a hardware problem.

I wondered if it was just a case of a dodgy cartridge that needs changing but we don't have a spare at the moment so I didn't want to spend money on a new one if anyone could suggest anything!

I would be grateful for any help or suggestions.

Thanks,

Rachel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi GarVen, 

If you experience any print-quality problems, calibrate the product.

1. Open the HP Color LaserJet CP1210 Series Toolbox.

Open HP Color LaserJet CP1210 Series Toolbox in one of these ways:

1. In the Windows system tray, double-click the printer icon ( ).
  2. On the Windows Start menu, click Programs (or All Programs in Windows XP), click HP, click HP Color LaserJet

2. Click the Device Settings folder, and then click the Print Quality page.

3. In the area for Color Calibration, click Calibrate to calibrate the product immediately.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Colours suddenly began printing 'out of alignment'.

HP Recommended

Hi GarVen, 

If you experience any print-quality problems, calibrate the product.

1. Open the HP Color LaserJet CP1210 Series Toolbox.

Open HP Color LaserJet CP1210 Series Toolbox in one of these ways:

1. In the Windows system tray, double-click the printer icon ( ).
  2. On the Windows Start menu, click Programs (or All Programs in Windows XP), click HP, click HP Color LaserJet

2. Click the Device Settings folder, and then click the Print Quality page.

3. In the area for Color Calibration, click Calibrate to calibrate the product immediately.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Calibating was one of the first things I tried but did it again per your suggestion - there is no improvement.  I have the printer set up to calibrate every 48 hours.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

HP Recommended

Hi mhansen2

I understand you ran the calibration and still having the issues.

Here is a url to help resolve print quality issues and alignments.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01691296

In Solution eight: Print a configuration page if the alignment bars are still incorrect then it could be a toner or hardware issue with the printer.

I would recommend to call HP Tech Support for further assistance to see what other options are available for you.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

In Solution Eight, I can’t find a “Resume button” in the HP Toolbox window.  If this is not the Product Control Panel, I can’t find it.  I am running the Vista Business OS.

I rechecked my color management settings and found Photoshop Elements 11 was specifying “Photo [Adobe RGB 1998]” while the printer was specifying “Default [sRGB].”  I switched the printer to match Elements.  Results are good so far with .tif files.

Another suggestion was to change the software used to print.  I printed one .tif photo in Windows Photo Gallery instead of Photoshop and the Windows photo also came out fine and looks a bit sharper than the Photoshop .tif.

I shoot local high school sports and there’s another volleyball game tomorrow night, so I’ll continue to try the new settings.  I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

UPDATED:  I finally found the "Resume button" on the printer control panel and printed a Self Test/Configuration sheet.  The lines in the corners line up fine and I've since printed dozens of tif files using Windows Photo Gallery with no hint of ghosting or fringing.  Thanks again for your help,

Mike

HP Recommended

I am having issues with the print quality on the CP 1215.  I am having shadowing on the letters.  It appears to be only black.  I went through all the support pages on the HP site but I am not able to find the HP Color LaserJet CP1210 Series Toolbox. 
I am not able to double click on any printer icon in the Windows system tray nor am I able to find it via the Start menu by going through All Programs.  My other HP 1102W is in there but not the CP 1215.  I feel like all I need to do is calibrate the printer and it will be fine.  The ink cartridges all seem to be working fine, no spatter, no other issues.  I tried downloading a full version of the driver for the CP1215 but now am not able to locate it on my computer.  Can you please help so I don't have to buy a new computer?

HP Recommended

And how do I NOT accept your solution since it does NOTHING

HP Recommended

buy a new printer... NOT the one that you cannot manually calibrate 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.