04-05-2011 04:09 PM
Having trouble connecting my older hp laserjet 4000 PCL 6 printer to my Windows 7 64-bit PC
Have tried going to hp's website, downloading v5.2.6 driver "HP universal print driver for Windows PCL6 x64" and installed it on my box to port LPT1. Can't get it to print anything even - the test page.
Everytime I try to troubleshoot in the Printers and Devices screen, it cannot resolve even though the Troubleshoot-er claims it has resolved the issue.
I've already installed (automatically by Win 7) the printer using PCL 5, but for some strange reason using that driver, it does not print more than 1 copy of anything from MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc. I thought to try installing the PCL 6 driver for the printer, as I never had that single copy only problem with the PCL 6 driver when I had my old Win XP Pro box.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation