Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (140 Views)

Continued issues with Color LaserJet MFP 277dw after Windows 10

Product Name: Color LaserJet MFP277dw
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

History:

2 printers (HP Professional P1102w and HP ColorLaserJet MFP 277dw), 2 laptops (HP Envy x360  Windows 8, Dell Latitude E2740  Windows 8.1)

Both laptops working wirelessly with both printers.

October 2016:  HP Envy automatically upgraded to Windows 10, neither printer working HP Envy.  Dell working with both printers.    Reinstalled printers on HP Envy, finally able to get P1102w to work wirelessly.  Never able to get the M277dw working with the HP Envy Windows 10 machine.  (Tried many downloads, and suggestions from this board, after several weeks of trying, no success).

January 16 2017:   HP Envy working wireless with P1102,  Dell working wireless with P1102 and M277dw.

Spent 2+hours working with 3 different HP technicians on Jan 16, 2017, with no success.

Jan 17, 2017:  After 2+hours yesterday:   Dell does not print to either printer wirelessly.  Dell will print to M277dw wired

HP Envy prints to P1102 wirelessly, will not print to M277dw at all.

Needless to say, I am extremely frustrated and am looking for advice on moving forward.   Not sure what happened to the last HP Technicial I was working with, he disappeared (maybe a lost connection) with no resolution.

Thanks for your advice

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (112 Views)

Re: Continued issues with Color LaserJet MFP 277dw after Windows 10

Hello, @annp_2017– Hope you are well Smiley Happy

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

I understand that you are having trouble with the printer network connection after updating to Windows 10. I appreciate all your efforts and I notice you already spent a lot of time troubleshooting.

Going through your post, I understand both the printers are connected to the network. Try the steps below and check:

• First, unplug the USB cable and the Ethernet cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
  • Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
  • Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Printer”  – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “uninstall” – In the confirm device un-install pop-up, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device".
  • Also, check the entries under "printer queue" and "imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
  • Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Once done you can try cleaning out your temporary files and cached files. You can try using automated applications like some cleaner software's that you can download from the internet.
  • Now restart your computer again.
  • Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
  • Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.
  • Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
  • Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well.
  • Click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/LES/M277/HP_Color_LJ_Pro_MFP_M277-full-solution-15343.exe and install the software for the LaserJet M277 printer.
  • Select the “Wireless” in the connection type window to install the printer wirelessly.
  • If the M277 is installed correctly, then click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32431/bi-80329-11/hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v... printer.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (56 Views)

Thank you DVortex for your detailed instructions.  It has been some weeks, but, I have tried the steps as you outlined (again, THANK YOU for the details)

I was unable to complete the following:

- Control Panel  - Devices and PRinters - there was a file (hp1100.inf) in use   I tried several things and could never uninstall

When I attempted to re-install the software using the link provided, it failed and then closed, no error message.

I have 2 HP printers, that I can not use with an HP laptop.

Other options?

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (34 Views)

Can someone from HP Printer support please review and udpate this question.  All indications are the printer drivers should work with Windows 10, however, I now have a very expensive paper weight on my desk that can not connect to a Windows 10 machine.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation