Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M177fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I am in big trouble

just bought m177fw today and did only 30 print outs. since after i am keep getting "Printing... Cool-down mode" error

please help me out what must i do

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just put the printer below the ceiling fan. THATS ALL!

still sometimes when i print more that 50-60 prints in <5 minutes. Printer goes to Cool Down mode and i have to increase the FAN speed and turn the printer OFF till 30minutes than again it works fine.

Overall, I recommend this product to SMEs but not Large Enterprises.

Thanks

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I understand that you are getting the error message "Printing... Cool-down mode". I would be happy to help you. 

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector) This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Update the printer's firmware:   HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw Firmware Update.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help, please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up". Let me know how you make out. Cheers! 

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

problem solved but not with your given solution

i didn't even found the firmware on your given link.

how i can download my  printer's firmware and how i can check weather my current firmware is latest or old??

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @MZQasim,

Here is the link for the firmware: M177_Series_FW_Update-20150228.exe You will have to use the  Windows 8.1 update.

You can check the firmware by printing the Configuration Page, HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw Printer and HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw and M128fw Printers - Printi...

It would be great if you could share with everyone how you were able to resolve this issue.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

right now my firmware date code is 20150815

i don't think it needs an update. 

you gave me an old firmware link

HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information @MZQasim,

Here is the latest firmware available on the website:

Released: Apr 30, 2015
Version 20150228

Yours is up to date so you won't have to run any firmware updates. 

You mentioned that you were able to resolve the "Printing... Cool-down mode". Please let us know how you were able to resolve this issue. Have a great day! Thank you.
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

i did nothing besides putting my printer just in front of fan... 😛

HP Recommended

I have updated to the latest firmware and followed all guide in the thread. I am still getting the same messages and printing has taken way too long. Please help me solve this problem. TQ

HP Recommended

Hi @mrgbam,

I see that you are still getting the "Printing... Cool-down mode" error.

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If the issue continues, please contact  HP Customer Support to inquire about servicing the printer. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

Please keep me posted!
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Gemini,

Please also PM me the solution to this problem.

Firmware update does not seem to have resolved the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.