Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M227dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear all,

It happens that i lost control of my new Printer "" Color LaserJet Pro MFP M227dw"" .

I have the Installation CD of this printer, but i can not install again:

The syatem kept saying: HP Installer has stopped working.

I tried all kinds of removing this printer and then try ti unistall it, but no chance !!

Could you pls assist me to install again my printer ?

Maybe it is wise to install Windows 10 which i dont really tried and like !

Thank you.

Best regards,

Walid Moussa

[Personal Information Removed]

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try this Uninstaller from Microsoft and then reinstall the FULL feature software again?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

The following resource will help you to get the software and reinstall:

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

I managed to get the printer installed, but i can not have its Menu and consequently can not scan using the features of this Printer.

I guess something is still missing because at the end of the Installation i got the below Error:

Install Error

A fatal error occured preventing Product use.

Could you please help me out with that?

Pls note that i disabled McAfee as it could be the reason, but still can not make a full and complete installation.

Best regards,

Walid Moussa

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you try to download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR) tool to diagnose and fix your problem

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PDU

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Thank you all,

i had downloaded Windows 7 and started again because i could not fix the problem otherwise.

Now all is okay.

Best regards,

Walid

HP Recommended

Hi @Walid_Moussa,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.