03-12-2011 01:49 PM
My printer prints and makes copies, but wont scan, it keeps asking me for the color cartridge, but i'm just trying to scan. I have downloaded all the drivers and wont even open the scan window...
03-12-2011 05:51 PM - edited 03-12-2011 06:06 PM
It would be helpful if you said how your performing this task. Are you using the Scan button, or opening the "HP Solution Center". Operating thru the software (opening the "HP Solution Center") gives you more control.
Did you check the manual, on page 37 is a test ink levels.http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01714002.pdf
Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..
Loaner: Envy Omen Windows 10 Home 64 4th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 2GB Discrete Graphics (8GB memory) 128GB SSD
Loaner: HP ENVY 8 5002 Tablet
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t E8400,Win7 Pro, 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD
Custom Asus P8Z87D, I7-4770k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX670 2GB, 500GB HD SSD, Rosewill Blackhawk case and OCZ 750W.
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620
12-10-2012 08:55 AM
it needs to have both kinds of ink cartridges with usable ink before it works or scans because i had that happen before so you got to have ink before the scan part will work
letters to leigh, 2008
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation