Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro L7580
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does any one know how to disable non-essential network protocols, ie. IPX/SPX, AppleTalk, DLC/LLC on the HP OfficeJet L7580. We have scripts that are probing our network and printing jibberish on some of the older HP printers. I have put passwords on and disabled network non-essential network protocols but I cannot find where to disable the protocols on the HP OfficeJet L7580 machine. I can access the web interface as it is a network printer. Please help me out if you can. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @Wheels07345, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you need to know how to disable network protocol on your printer.

You can try going to EWS page and select Networking page. You should get the options to change the network protocols.

If you don't see the option listed. Then your printer does not have the option to configure.

Refer this link to know how to access EWS page.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Wheels07345, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you need to know how to disable network protocol on your printer.

You can try going to EWS page and select Networking page. You should get the options to change the network protocols.

If you don't see the option listed. Then your printer does not have the option to configure.

Refer this link to know how to access EWS page.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have looked at the EWS and it does not have anywhere to disable network protocols. I just assumed that all networked printers had  this feature ?? It is an older printer.

HP Recommended

Hi! @Wheels07345, thanks for the reply.

As you mentioned you don't see an option in the EWS page to change the settings.

You can try the following steps on your printer if the below-mentioned options are available.

To Disable IPX/SPX, AppleTalk, or DLC/LLC
NOTE: Do not disable IPX/SPX in Windows-based systems that print through IPX/SPX.
Press the Menu button .
Open each of the following menus. Press the down arrow  to highlight it and then press the OK button to select it.
CONFIGURE DEVICE
I/O
EMBEDDED JETDIRECT MENU
IPX/SPX, APPLETALK, or DLC/LLC
ENABLE
OFF

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.