Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HPLaserJet PrinterM500 MFP 525
Other

Hi to all, I have a problem with HP LaserJet M500 MFP 525 , while I turn on the machine it initializing and start up properly, but after 2 minutes the screen become deem and give error code 49.38.03, in below of the screen only the restart button appears. Please anyone have experience in this issue help me.

I try below solution but not succeeded.

>>>>it cannot allow me to upgrade the firmware, because upgrading takes minimum 8 to 10 minutes, but it restart after 2 minutes,

>>>> I cancel all the active jobs and clean the queue but not affected.

>>>> I disconnected all the attached such network and subs and restart several time, but not affected. 

I really become confused,  is it software or hardware issue.  Indeed this problem happens after a power fluctuation. 

Thank you in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Go to the link below for instructions on how to load the firmware using a usb thumb drive. The instructions start on page 6. You will need to download the latest firmware from hp.com and extract the file to the drive. The hp support site is under maintenance today so you may have to wait until it comes back online.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL45969/ds-111555-2/readme_ljM525cfw_2201001_231113.pdf

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

49 errors are typically corrupt print jobs. I have seen these jobs take as long as 24 hours to completely fail and return to the client machine they were originally sent from. They are typically webpages that have some kind of java script or variable data input areas. Very rarely will it be an actual hardware failure of the formatter board.

I would follow these steps.

power down the printer

unplug the network cable, wait 10 mins

unplug the printer power cord from the wall, wait 30 mins

reboot the suspect client computer the print job was sent from and check the que again.

Plug the printer power cord back into a dedicated wall outlet (not a power strip or battery back up)

DO NOT plug back in the network cable!

Power up the printer with the network cable still unplugged

See if the printer will boot up and come to a ready state.

If the printer boots back up to a ready state, plug back in the network cable. If the 49 error returns when you plug the network cable back in, then you still have a corrupt print job floating around on your network.

If the printer does not boot back up to a ready state and you get the 49 formatter error code again, you may have a formatter board problem, or we may need to try some resets on the printer- check back here

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

Thank you Sir,

I have proceed the steps that you mentioned as solution, but unfortunately it does not affected and I also did services and clean the sensors and replace the cartridge as well no change has been happened.  The problem is still in place. And the machine restarts automatically after two minutes. And I tried during this limit time I can proper print and scan.

I really appreciate for you all that want to help me.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Go to the link below for instructions on how to load the firmware using a usb thumb drive. The instructions start on page 6. You will need to download the latest firmware from hp.com and extract the file to the drive. The hp support site is under maintenance today so you may have to wait until it comes back online.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL45969/ds-111555-2/readme_ljM525cfw_2201001_231113.pdf

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, the problem has been solved successfully, I follow your guidance without any error the system upgraded and the problem solved.

Once again I say thank you very much for all who reply my messages.

HP Recommended

So I had the exact same error after we took a power hit. I thought it was toast then I did some research and found this to fix it. It is a Firmware update and the link below will guide you through the entire process.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1190528646001?bctid=REFIDBC3707096437001

Also you can find a How to about the Firmware on the readme PDF document on this page where you actually get the update from, go to page 45

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-scanjet-enterprise-8500-fn1-document-capture-wor...

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.