Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (954 Views)

F4580 deskjet Printer offline

I have read several posts regarding this issue, but I can't seem to find the right solution.  Here is what happens;

Printer installed, wireless setup works for a while.  Then, after the printer goes into the sleep mode (still on), attempting to print results in a "printer offline" message, and the print document stays in the printer cue.

If I unplug the printer, wait a minute, and plug it back in, the printer comes back online and the document prints, and I can use the printer until again it goes back into it's sleep mode, and goes offline again.

Any suggestions?  Thanks

Honor Student
Message 2 of 4 (669 Views)

Re: F4580 deskjet Printer offline

My Printer switch to offline mode in a minute, later I need to unplug and connect to get the printer to online. Can you suggest to keep the printer online once it is put on?

vde Student
Student
Message 3 of 4 (368 Views)

all in one printer stays off line

Distinguished Professor
Message 4 of 4 (352 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello vde,

Are you saying that you are having problems with the F4580 going offline?  What kind of computer do you have and how is it connected to your printer?

--Printer is Offline--

Click this link for instructions on how to resolve this on a Windows 7 computer.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation