Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I would very appreciate it if somone could tell me, how to perform a full factory reset on an Officejet Pro 8000?

Thank you

daanda

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can reset the network settings as shown Here.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I have already found that page and find it irritating, that it is obviously filed under "HP Officejet Pro 8000 Printer series - A8".

The first sentence says, "This document explains how to perform a hard and a soft reset on an HP Jornada, Palmtop, or Omnigo device." and I don't see how I could apply the information in this document to my printer.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I noticed as soon as I posted the response :generic:

I've just edited my first post - however the link only regards resetting the network settings.

I'll search some more.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

First, let me say the Officejet Pro 8000 is a giant pain in the A**.  That said, there are a few things to try.

First, turn off the printer, remove the power cord from the unit, then from the outlet.  Wait 20 seconds and plug the cord into the wall, then the printer.  

If that doesn't work, hold ALL of the buttons down on the control panel at once for about 10 seconds.  (I didn't read this anywhere, but for some reason it works.)  Release the buttons.  Then it will power up properly.

Sometimes I have to restart my computer if it says it is offline.

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Hi,

My wife was careless to click prints many times somehow the printer print color paper and test paper every page and waste ink cartridges. Please fix it for me so best way to reset the printer free of all memories.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I understand you're having issues with your printer after the print option was clicked several times. I'm sorry to hear this has been happening but will do my best to help resolve your issue.

Without knowing which printer you have or what operating system is on your computer, I will suggest you try downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

If that does not resolve your issue, could you please let me know which printer you have (click here to find the right numbers) and which operating system is on your computer (if it's Windows click here to find out, or if it's Mac please click the Apple icon in the top left of your screen, and then About This Mac).

Hope this has been helpful, have a great day!!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have encountered the same behavior in my O.J. 8000 a809,  following EVERY print job, the printer chooses to print one of the dianostic pages (dozens of colored rectangle boxes, backslash, yellow blue and black.  Example: Wife prints 10 pages of one page Christmas letter, get one diagnostic page, I print one memo from Outlook, get on dagnostic page.

At $36 per HP color cartridge, this is getting anoying.

have tried:

1) power off, 30+ seonds, power on (no change in behavior)

2) hold X for 3 seconds, print diagnostic, one page of which is the VERY page it chooses to print after evey print job.  (no change in behavior)

3) hit the printer's web site at 192.168.1.5 (IP is unique to my LAN) and review EVERY page to hopefully find a RESET button to return the printer to factor defaults (no such luck, no such button)

4) sent evey type command for every diagnostic in the hopes some internal bit would be reset.  (no change in behavior)

Professional Developer
HP Recommended

Hello pm9dcr2001,

I understand your frustration and would like you to go ahead and start troubleshooting Alignment Page Prints After Every Print Job. The page being printed could be caused by poor print quality or a bad sensor in the printer, this will allow you to try and get a successful alignment page and hopefully stop the diagnostic page from being printed.

If after the document you are still getting a diagnostic page after every print, we can go ahead and try a reset. Please reply back with the outcome. I will watch for your reply so we can take the necessary reset steps if needed.

Thank you in advance! Smiley Happy

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for answering HevnLghHelP ,

Merry Christmas  !!  :generic:

I just replaced the Magenta/Cyan print head this morning.  While now 'some' magenta ink is making it to the paper, more so than previoious/original printer head, print quality is unacceptable (test pattern 2).

Print alignment appears to be 'ok' but the magenta lines are missing from the allignment print out (test pattern 1).

Regarding cleaning print heads:

The number of cleanings has exceeded 12, of each, initial, intermediate and advanced clean with continued unacceptable (test pattern 2) print (significant white ines in the magenta portion of the 3 shades of magenta rectangles.  Note that 'orange' rectangal produces as yellow with similar white lines as 'orange' recangle must require magenta and yellow.  Also note that black, cyan and green (test pattern 2) are sharp with no visible white lines.

As I was typing this, I inititiated another series of cleaning with improved but unsatisfactory results (test pattern 2 contains significant white lines).

On the up side, since print head replacement,  print jobs are not appending the print diagnostic page. 

On the down side, even though little magenta ink hits the paper, the printer's estimated 'magenta' use contines unabated and I now have two magenta cartridiges and a third in the printer which the printer thinks are empty or 'needs replacing soon'.  That is approaching $100 in magenta ink alone, attempting to diagnose this issue.  I am approaching the printer's original cost, in ink cartridges, on this issue.

Just initated yet another series of cleaning.  $170 in ink, $60 in printhead, enough paper to fill a recycle box and I'm still in the dark as to how to reset the printer to factory defaults.

David

Professional Developer
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.