Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am struggling with installing drivers for HP LaserJet 1132 MFP on my HP Probook 4421s running on windows 7 Professional. System repeatedly returns "installation failed," then asks  (1) to remove usb cable from printer, (2) turn printer off and then on, and (3) reconnect usb to printer. All attempts have failed so far. Help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi OmoAbode,

Follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the printer.

1. Open Control Panel

2. Click on Uninstall a program

3. Uninstall the Laserjer 1132 from the list

4. Reboot your computer

5. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

Update Adobe Flash Player

6. Download the full feature software and drivers, and then reinstall the printer.

HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi OmoAbode,

Follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the printer.

1. Open Control Panel

2. Click on Uninstall a program

3. Uninstall the Laserjer 1132 from the list

4. Reboot your computer

5. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

Update Adobe Flash Player

6. Download the full feature software and drivers, and then reinstall the printer.

HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
it doesn't work :(( ... I tried to install a laserjet m1132 mfp for more than 5 hours and it doesn't work... the computer is a hp dc5100 windows xp sp3...
HP Recommended

Hi r3my,

What happens if you try installing this printer on a different computer?

How are you attempting to connect the printer to the computer?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have something between: solution also works for me, but every time  I restart my computer the problem is back. I have Windows XP 32bit, and proper drivers.

HP Recommended
Same here. Problem reappears when restarting the computer.

Also Win XP32 + proper drivers.
HP Recommended

Lost my HP laserjet driver. After fomating my computer I have no driver to instal. Please help. My is Laserjet M1132MFP. Can HP help

HP Recommended

Hello,

I see by the posts that yous are having issues with the printer install and after reinstalling the printer and restarting the computer you get the same results.

Restart the Print Spooler and clear out the Spool folder.

How to Remove a Stuck Document That Won't Delete from a Windows PC Printer Queue.

Try printing again.

If the issue persists, then go through these steps:

Uninstall the printer software.

Uninstalling the Printer Software.

Run your Windows Updates. Use your Start menu to check for updates.

Reregister Windows Installer:
Exit all open programs.
Click Start , Run , type msiexec /unregister in the Open box, and click OK.
Click Start , Run , type msiexec /regserver in the Open box, and click OK.

Run the Disk cleanup from Accessories\System Tool. Delete files using Disk Cleanup.

Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player. Adobe Flash Player Support Center.

I would disable all the start up programs and temporarily turn off the Antivirus Software to see if that is causing the issue. How to use MSCONFIG . Click on the start up tab and click disable all.

Then install the software. You can download the drivers from this link. HP LaserJet Pro M1132 Multifunction Printer Drivers. Select your operating system, click next and click on the software to download and install.

Test the printer.

Then you will need to go back in and enable the start up programs and turn the Antivirus Software back on again.

If the printer stops working again, try another USB port on the computer or another USB cable to rule that out.

Please provide in detail the results if you are still having issues.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi, I'm not sure why the status of this problem is "solved".

I've been using HP LaserJet M1132 MFP (manufactured on February 28, 2011, serial # CNG9C2WGS5) for several  years with my WindowsXP machine. Two days ago I wanted to connect this printer to my Toshiba Satellite 845WS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Service Pack 1laptop. The driver doesn't install on the Windows 7 machine neither from M1132 itself nor from the HP site. I checked - the printer still works fine with Windows XP machine.

I've read all similar posts and suggested solutions and tried them all several times (pls see below) in the past 2 days - nothing works. Pls advise.

1. I checked my Windows 7 machine - all Windows updates were installed, Adobe Flash Player was up to date.

I uninstalled Avast just in case.

I connected M1132 to my Windows7 laptop with USB cable and turned the power on M1132 on.

The printer appeared as "CD Drive (D) HP Smart Install. I attempted to install the driver from this location several times. Every time, just like in the post by OmoAbode, the system repeatedly returned "installation failed," then asked  (1) to remove usb cable from printer, (2) turn printer off and then on, and (3) reconnect usb to printer. I tried all these - the result is the same.

2. I manually deleted HP folders on the hard drive, checked the program uninstall to make sure there is no any HP programs left behind. I did install HP installer etc, which I then uninstalled. Ran DiskCleanup. Rebooted the laptop. Turned the printer off (there are no USBs or anything else connected to M1132, just my laptop). Then I disconnected the printer's USB cable from laptop.

3. Then I attemptempted to install "HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver v.5.0 updated on August 6, 2015 (LIM1130_M1210_MFP-Full_Solution.exe) from an HP website.

Followed all instructions until I was prompted to connect the printer by USB cable to my Windows 7 laptop. Once I did it, a window popped up saying  "New device is now connected.." and another one "Installing HP LaserJet Pro M1130 MFP Series". This is where the installation process gets stuck everytime. These windows stay up and the bar just keep on rolling, but nothing happens for hours. My internet connection is on and is fine. I tested it.

4. I cleared the spooler following (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/946737). Nothing works. I can't use my M1132 with a Windows 7 laptop. Everything is plugged in and powered up.

An advice on how to make M1132 print and scan with Windows 7 laptop is much appreciated. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi ,

I have provided some steps to see if we can get this printer installed and working on the Windows 7 computer.

Remove the printer from Print Server Properties: How to Locate Print Server Properties for Windows 7.

Then click on the Drivers tab, highlight your printer and click on remove. If you get a error, you will have to restart the Print Spooler and try again. (you may have to restart the computer in order to delete the printer from this location)

Then delete the printer from the Devices and Printers window if it is listed.

Leave the USB cable connected, delete the printer from the Device Manager, if it is listed.

Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers look for USB Printing Support  and Mass Storage Device or anything with a yellow exclamation mark or unknown device. Right click and uninstall the device.  How do I get into Windows Device Manager? Then disconnect the USB cable.

Then run a full uninstall of the software that partially installed.

Here are the steps to run the uninstall from the computer or the CD.

To uninstall from program files:
Touch the Windows key and the E key to access the computer window.
Select the C drive.
Select program files or program files x86.
Open the HP and printer name folder.
Select uninstall.

Uninstall the software from the CD:
Touch the Windows key and the E key to access the computer window. Right click on the CD for the printer, left click open in a new window, double click on uninstall.

Unlock Hidden Administrator Account and install the printer on this account:

1. Go to your Start menu and under the 'search programs and files' box type CMD.
  2. CMD will populate as a search option above, just right click on it and 'run as administrator'.
  3. Once CMD (Command Prompt) opens, type net user administrator /active:yes and hit enter.
  4. Next, close CMD and restart your computer.
  5. When your computer comes on log into the new account that should show. It will be called Administrator and will not have a password on it.
  6. If your computer automatically logs into your account after restart than go to your start menu click the arrow beside 'shutdown' and choose 'switch user'. Now log into the Administrator account we just unlocked.
  7. Under the Administrator account, install the printer software.
  8. Test the printer.
  9.  To turn off the Admin account start back at step 1 and type in net user administrator /active:no.

Please let me know the outcome. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.