Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the officejet pro 8100 with firmware version TKP1FN1322BR, as i see from the hp support site the latest firmware is TSP1FN1416AR. I tried to update my printer (ethernet & usb)  but the hp update utility refuses with status "not applicable".

If i change the value VerifyDownloadID of file EnterpriseDU.ini from 1 to 0, the update continues (status=ready).

Would that be safe to do, or is this update not designated for this printer model/batch ?

Thanks a lot for your time in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is the pritner connected via USB or through the network?

If the printer directly conencted via USB or ethernet connected, it is safe to change the VerifyDownloadID value and install the latest firmware from the tool.

If you are connected through a wireless network connection I would suggest updating the firmware through the EWS page of the printer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02886989

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello dimitris_k,

You may try the following link to upgarde your HP Officejet Pro 8100 new firmware, just keep the steps closely and it should work for you.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5218...

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Hi, still you need the firmware TSP1FN1416AR for OJ 8100?

HP Recommended

Hello Andres_ec,

Did you printer firmware upgarde succesfully as I given the link to you last time?

Hope everything fine now.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.