Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
CP1025NW
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Problem connecting to wifi, and strange behavior, so I update Firmware.
I pressed the Send Firmware Button, before I discovered. "Be sure Printer is in Readystate mode. (I don't know what that is?)
Now my printer is not recognize by my PC (Win7)
So I can't use it at all. I most likely corruped the Firmware!
Please help

Per

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @perblue ,

I see that you are experiencing issues updating the printer's firmware and now the printer isn't recognized on the computer. I would be happy to help you.

Print a Configuration Page from the printer to see what firmware version you have. The latest firmware Version is 20150114. HP LaserJet Pro CP1025 and CP1025nw Color Printers - Printing a Configuration Page.

Please let me know what version you have.

If you can't print the self test page, then it is a hardware issue. Let me know the results.

If the self test printed, download and run the Print and Scan Doctor. It will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve the issue for not being able to print. http://www.hp.com/go/tools>Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows.

If you are still having issues printing from the computer, leave the USB cable connected to the computer and check the connections in the Device Manager for any printer entries, under Universal Serial Bus Controllers look for USB Printing Support or anything with a yellow exclamation mark, mass storage device or unknown device. Right click and uninstall the device. 'Device setup failed to complete' or 'Unknown device' Message Displays in Windows during USB Install...

Disregard the title. Go to Solution two: Software troubleshooting.

Disconnect the USB cable.

Uninstall the printer software and I would download and install the latest drivers.

Test the printer.

Feel free to click the Thumbs up button below if this helps.

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for helping

Firmware: 20130826

Device Manager: has no yellow marks.

I uninstalled  the software, when I try reinstall, I get: Printer not found.

?

Thank you

Per 

HP Recommended

Hi perblue ,

Since you are able to print the Configuration Page, it shouldn't be issue with the hardware.

Most likely the printer is already recognized from previously being connected and that is why the printer isn't being found again with the new install. Please check the Device Manager again for the printer entry. Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers look for USB Printing Support, mass storage device or unknown device. Right click and uninstall the devices. (If you are not sure which one is for the printer, by disconnecting the USB cable it will disappear from the list and by connecting it again it will appear again) Let me know if anything was listed.

If you still don't have any entries for the printer, please check the connections on the back of the printer, make sure the USB cable is also connected to the computer's USB port directly.

cp1025wn back view USB.png

If the printer still isn't being recognized, try connecting it to another computer, if you have one available to see if you have the same results.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Gemini

Thanks for helping me.

Nothing goes or comes, in USB when the printers is disconnected.

Connection is secure, even tried another cable.

There is no life on WiFi either.

I have no other PC avaiable at this time.

When I updated the firmware, I got the smiling Smiley, even as you can see the firmware was not updated.

Don't you think the firmware installed may have been corrupted in the proces?

How to install new firmware, without pc connection?

I don't know.

Cheers

Per

USB.jpg

0002.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi @perblue ,

Thanks for providing that information.

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If the issue continues, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for further assistance and let them know that the issue started after doing the firmware update on the printer. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.