Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

I have forgotten the password for my HP Color LaserJet CP1515n. I scanned the user manual and the web but could not find any answers to that in English or German. Is it really possible that  I am the first person with this problem? 

And to make it even worse, the menu on the printer itself is blocked, so I cannot do a reset with the hardware buttons on the printer.

I know I know, it is stupid. (No, I am neither blond nor female, and to make it worse, I am an IT person...)

But is there anybody out there who can help me with that? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sogo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

meanwhile, the HP support gave me the solution. So for everybody who has the same question:

1) HP recommends to first print out the config report of the network settings

2) to reset the printer,

- turn it off

- press "X" and "right arrow" and turn the printer on until it displays "Permanent storage init"

Now it completely reset.

Cheers

Sogo

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

meanwhile, the HP support gave me the solution. So for everybody who has the same question:

1) HP recommends to first print out the config report of the network settings

2) to reset the printer,

- turn it off

- press "X" and "right arrow" and turn the printer on until it displays "Permanent storage init"

Now it completely reset.

Cheers

Sogo

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.