Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP Officejet 4620 (3 weeks old) will not connect wirelessly to a new D-Link DSL2750B router/modem. I have tried every HP said tryand Verizon said try. It still does not work. It does work connected to a computer via usb cable. The printer acts differently, than it did when it was new.

How do I reset it to out of box new?

Please, Please Help!!!!!:smileysad:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

My success as far as 'resetting' printer buggy set-ups is to uninstall the product completely.  Ge the uninstall from them or find it on the install disk.  Not there?  Use MS uninstall or Ccleaner Uninstall.  Ccleaner is a free utility with several important features.  Making changes to some already loaded printer setup is usually an invitation for disaster.

When you go through the Install, pay careful attention as to when you are directed to turn the printer on and when to connect it to the computer.  Installation details are there to be followed religiously.

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
HP Recommended

Hello,

I will send you the instruction on how to reset your printer. Please check your private message inbox. 

Also, when you search for a router when attempting to connect to the internet, can you find the router listed on the 

HP Recommended

I also need to know how to reset my printer - am having wireless problems.  Can you post the instructions or e-mail to me?

HP Recommended

Ask lions99 he will email them to you.

HP Recommended

Thanks - I sent him a message.  

HP Recommended

@abbashasan, please check your private message inbox for the reset instructions.

HP Recommended

It would have been nice to post this instead of having over 200 people ask for the directions.

I'm having the same problem.  

won't connect to new network and can't get the software to configure the new wireless settings

HP Recommended

Hello deberney.

I understand you are unable to connect to your wireless network, and you are unable to configure the software through wireless. I need to find out what printer you have so I can quickly assist you. Please click on this website provided to find this information: Model Number.

Once I have gathered your model number I will assist you further.

Ashley

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

How to reset printer HP 4620/4625 to factory settings?
- restore factory settings option is on the printer, press the wrench image just beside the question mark image and just navigate down or browse down the option.

How to connect into a wireless connection?

- are you in a wireless-n setup? printer only supports wireless-n setup. if yes, then follow the steps i did below.

- (*note: DO NOT PLUG the cable from printer to computer yet) what i did was after the factory reset, i installed the basic drivers first or the full features drivers your choice, then navigate through the installation if asked to agree on terms etc. just press next. and the actual installation will begin.

now this box will appear. just follow what is shown on the pic. again DO NOT PLUG the cable from printer to computer yet.

1.jpg

Now this is the time to plug the cable from printer to computer.

2.jpg

After connecting the cable the installation will detect your printer.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

hope that i did help you.

credits of pics to SOLVEYOURTECH.

HP Recommended

Can I please have the reset info sent to me, I am having issues with a friends 4620 locking up, and I think this will help.

Thanks,

Ben

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.