Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @thorrone,

I can send you that information in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I can not get my printer to connect wirelessly. I have tried almost everything I think. I restored defaults from my printers "tools" section and that didn't work. Can someone send me the info to get it going? thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @Boarmangl,

I see that you are experiencing issues setting up the printer over the wireless network. I would like to help you resolve this issue. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the " "Accept as Solution" " button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. Smiley Happy

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

I have provided some steps for setting up the printer over the network.

Restore the printer's default network settings again:

1. Press the  (Wireless) button, and then, using the buttons on the right, scroll to and select Wireless Settings, select
Restore Defaults, and then select Yes. A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.

2. Power cycle the router, restart the computer and the printer.
3. Press the  (Setup) button, and then, using the buttons on the right, scroll to and select  Reports, and then select
Network Configuration Page  to print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

4. Install the software as a USB connection.

Then do the following to configure the wireless settings on the printer.

• Click the Windows icon (), click All Programs, click HP, click the folder for your printer, and then click the icon for your printer. The printer software opens.
  • Click Printer Setup & Software Selection.
  • Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless.

Here is a document also for setting up the printer over the wireless network.

Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless network for the HP Officejet 4620 e-All-in-One and HP Deskjet ...

Hope this helps. If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello, can I receive the resetting instructions for HP OfficeJet 4620?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @towa1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that you need the reset for the printer. I can help you with this. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. :generic:

I can send you that information in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Please let me know the outcome. If you require further assistance, please let me know the issue that you are having.

Have a nice day! Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.