Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 1536dnf MFP
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

2-sided printing: "Flip up" used to work (for 2-sided printing landscape). Now, it prints same as "flip over". Can this be corrected. I don't know a reason for the change. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Thanksforhelp,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're no longer able to print 2-sided documents with your HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Multifunction Printer. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It is possible that something changed in the print driver. 

Please download and run the Print and Scan Doctor to confirm that the correct print driver is installed and operating as it should 
What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor (did it print or scan, any error messages)?

Please see the User Guide: Print on both sides (duplex) with Windows. 

Please follow this guide to ensure that the Two-Sided Printing Accessory (Duplexer) is properly installed.

I hope this helps. Please respond if you have any concerns. I hope you have a great day!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Thanksforhelp,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're no longer able to print 2-sided documents with your HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Multifunction Printer. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It is possible that something changed in the print driver. 

Please download and run the Print and Scan Doctor to confirm that the correct print driver is installed and operating as it should 
What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor (did it print or scan, any error messages)?

Please see the User Guide: Print on both sides (duplex) with Windows. 

Please follow this guide to ensure that the Two-Sided Printing Accessory (Duplexer) is properly installed.

I hope this helps. Please respond if you have any concerns. I hope you have a great day!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you, Drakster. This was so easy . . . once I knew what to do. I appreciate your help. Now, both flip over and flip up are working for 2-sided printing.

HP Recommended

Evidently, recently my printer (software)  has become unstable. I never had trouble when double-sided printing "flip up". A couple of weeks ago, I reloaded the printer software, which fixed the problem. Also, using HP Print and Scan Doctor was easy.

Now, all of a sudden, "flip up" when double-sided printing no longer works. Using HP Print and Scan Doctor, I tried to fix it. For some reason, it wasn't as easy and straightforward this time. Don't know if it fixed the problem as I haven't tried it. But I lost scanning capability. Would this be connected to the "fax" piece? Since I never use my printer for faxing, I didn't upload.

Anyway, I desparately need scanning capability back, so I tried HP Print and Scan Doctor again, but don't see a way to fix it without uninstalling and reinstalling again. Is this so?

HP Recommended

Hi Thanksforhelp, 

I saw your post, and I am happy to help! 

Not sure how your printer is connected, but perhaps one of these guides will help: 

If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this post helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Usually I print wireless. Right now, I have both a wireless connection and am hard-wired. But, I'm not losing a connection. The only thing I seem to be losing is the ability to "flip up" when printing double sided. Re-installing the drivers fixed it, but I shouldn't have to do  this every week or 2. (I finally found my scan capability.)

HP Recommended

Hi Thanksforhelp, 

Thank you for your response! 

I would recommend to try a hard reset, by following the steps in this post, How to perform a Hard Reset, by @Rich1. It is important that the printer's power cable is plugged directly into the wall outlet, and not a surge protector.

If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Let me know what happens! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.