02-17-2010 02:34 PM
I have an HP LaserJet 2015d connected by USB to a MacPro running OS X 10.6.2 and the latest HP drivers downloaded from Apple.
The printer is constantly going Offline. I am able to print one job, but then the next time I print the printer shows as Offline. To get it back again, I have to remove the printer driver, turn off the printer, turn the printer back on and re-add the driver.
I have tried everything I can think of including:
- Loging in with a fresh user account
- Resseting the printing system
- Cleaning out my CUPS and other caches
- Checking the USB cable and ports
- Printing from another computer.
I have a feeling this might be an OS issue as the printer seems to be working fine otherwise. I did not have this problem before upgrading to OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard"
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
04-13-2010 10:40 PM
Mine is doing something similar.
Just for background, I contacted HP last year and they sent me a firmware update on a SODIMM module. Sort of irked me a little, as I bought a 256MB SODIMM and there is only one slot. That was to fix a problem with the device suddenly disappearing off the network. Only solution is to power cycle. Here are some good hits to relevant issues:
So this is getting quite long and old, so just go here:
and search for 2015 - you'll see after the first couple of pages there are a lot of support pages hits.
So, being that you are using the USB, perhaps it is similar to the problem that others are having here?
I know it's locked up if the green light is on but yet it doesn't respond to any button (i.e., press blue ready button for a second, supposed to print a status page).
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation