Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet P2035n
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi I work for a School District, we have several of these printers and recently had this issue on 2 machines. Problem is the printer is completely unresponsive after installing a new Genuine HP toner 05a.

Install the toner turn printer on, it goes through the initialization light sequence and shows ready, will not print a test page from the PC, will not print a config page from the control panel of the printer, will not be recognised through it's USB connection (PC even gives message the USB port is damaged or defective), does not pick up an IP address, and is not reachable through the Web console.

Turn the printer off and reinstall the old toner power up and everything works again, USB is recognised and system installs drivers, reachable through the Web console, prints config from PC and from control panel of printer. I have 3 used toners and all three will work with both printers, I have 2 new toners and both do not work in either printer. Thanks for playing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I've seen a few reviews and forums posts on other sites regarding this issue- defective chips on the cartridges- return them and the replacements should be fine.
I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You should call HP and ask for replacement toners, and to verify the ones you have are not counterfit.

Also, if you have someone willing and able to update the firmware on the printers, that could help solve future issues.

Sounds like you either have some defective cartridges, or somehow your supplier got counterfit cartridges in their supply chain.

Did these toners come out of a 2pack by chance?

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

Hi tonerspills,

I have not called HP yet as the box the toners came in says to return to place of purchase if defective.

I did actually update the frimware, no change.

Could be counterfit but they came from Quill Office Supply and are in a genuine looking HP box.

Yes they did come in a 2pack sounds like that is significant and is telling you something, why do you ask?

Thanks for your suggestions and help.

HP Recommended
I've seen a few reviews and forums posts on other sites regarding this issue- defective chips on the cartridges- return them and the replacements should be fine.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.