Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello snmbs,

I saw your post and would like to help. Please find the steps to wireless connection here. It may be beneficial power cycle the printer and computer before you begin to ensure a clean connection.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have a 4620 and had it set up on wi fi but because of some trouble with my wi fi I had to set up a different wi fi but I don't know how to make the change.

HP Recommended

Hi jgray44

I understand you need to reconfigure the printer on the network again.

Restore the printer network defaults to remove old wifi settings.
Go to settings, tools, restore defaults.

From the HP software you have the  option to add another device to reconfigure the printer. Go to start, all programs, HP, printer name,
select printer setup and software, select add a device. (you will have to temporary connect the USB cable to configure the wireless again)

Try and print now.

Hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

My Officejet 4620 won't connect to my laptop wirelessly because its connected to my neighbours wifi, and there is no option to change the wifi that it is on. My wifi is WPa but their is not option to change the wifi connection. What do I do?

HP Recommended

Hi WhizKid23,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I understand that your printer is connected to your neighbor's wifi and you would like to connect your Officejet 4620 to another wifi.

You can change the wireless network that the printer is connected to.  I have included a link to your user guide which has the instructions on how to change the connection using the embedded web server for your printer. The instructions can be found on page 200 in the section titled "Set up the printer using the embedded web server (EWS)". The instructions for opening the embedded web server can be found on page 206.

Officejet 4610/4620 User Guide

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03251656.pdf

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Did't help. I found how to manually change ip adress and the other stuff and after i fill it out and press ok, it doesn't save or connect to that server. What do I do?

HP Recommended

Hi WhizKid23,

Thank you for the updated information.  I'm sorry that the steps didn't seem to work for you.

There is another way but it can be hit or miss. Let's first take the printer off your neighbor's wifi using the following steps:

1. Press the Wireless button on the front panel of the printer
  2. Using the buttons on the right, scroll to and select "Wireless Settings"
  3. Scroll to and select "Restore Defaults"
  4. Choose "Yes".  A message will appear stating that the network defaults have been restored. Your wireless light on the front panel should now be blinking.

Now let's get the printer onto your home network by following the steps below.

1. On your computer look for an available network that is probably labeled something similar to "HP- Print -4620". Please connect your laptop to that network, you will temporarily be disconnected from the internet.
  2.  In your web browser's (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc) address bar please type "192.168.223.1".  This should load a web page for your printer.  This web page is known as the embedded web server.
  3. Please click on the "network" tab
  4. Along the left hand side menu should be the Wireless Setup Wizard.  Please run this putting in the name and password for your wireless network. Once completed the wireless light on the front panel should be steady.
  5. Please turn your printer off.
  6. Please connect your laptop to your home wireless network.
  7. Turn the printer on.

Your printer should now be on your wireless network instead of your neighbor's wifi.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HP 4620 has wifi connected  but wi;; not print from my main computer

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.