07-26-2013 11:23 AM
My HP 8600 Officejet Pro 8600 is stuck on a layout setting for printing of long-edge binding (duplex printing). It's conected to a mac running OSX 10.8.4 Any suggestions?
07-26-2013 02:13 PM
From the application used to print click on File and the select Print. The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Click the blue triangle next to the printer name to see all available settings.
In the expanded Print window you will find next to Copies the checkbox for Two-Sided. Check the box.
NOTE: If the checkbox does not appear within the specific application print dialog, skip this step.
Click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.
Select Layout from the drop-down menu.
6. Set the Two-Sided option as the required binding or select Off to disable it.
Click on Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset and perform the print job... the settings will remain default till another preset will be used.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
10-30-2014 08:57 PM
I'm afraid this is not a complete solution. Even when one saves the current settings as preset, in the Mac OS environment using Word for Mac 2011 (14.1.0) and the HP 8600, the printer software defaults back to the long-edge binding (duplex) printing. That option selects as default in every circumstance, such that the user must deselect that option at each printing. Any further suggestions?
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation