Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Had the same problem. Changed the black and color cartridges with brand new HP cartidges from Walmart and it printed one test page. I turn off the printer after every use and it only printed that one test page after installing the cartridges.

HP Recommended

My C3180 kept printing test/alignment pages every time the power was turned on. I tried all of the solutions given by the HP employees and experts. Tried to reset it. Plugged it directly into the wall, not a power strip. Scanned the test page. Cleaned the jets with a Q-Tip. Nothing worked, so I decided to quit wasting my money on high priced HP cartridges. Ordered some cheap remanufactured cartridges from Amazon. $13.99 for 4 cartridges (2 color and 2 black). The printer ran an test/alignment page when I powered it up after installing the remanufactured cartridges and it hasn't printed a test page since. I've turned it on and off 10 times and still no test page.

HP Recommended

hp 3100 printer keeps printing test sheet every time i turn it on

HP Recommended

Please follow exactly and IN ORDER. 
1. Turn off the printer and wait 10 seconds. Turn it on again 
2. Let the printer print the test page. 
3. After the test page is printed, disconnect the USB cable connecting the printer to your computer. DO NOT turn off the printer while disconnecting the USB cable. 
4. Place the test page on the scanner glass and press the SCAN button on the printer. The ON light will flash as the page is being scanned. 
5. Remove the test page when the ON light is steady. 
6. Finally, turn off the printer and wait another 10 seconds. Then turn it on again. No more printing test pages! Yay! 
(You may now reconnect the printer to your computer via the USB cable.)

HP Recommended

More Ink and paper wasted.  Followed these steps outlined in the previous post.

Placed test page on glass and presses SCAN button.  Power light flashed quickly for a few seconds, but nothing else happened.  Removed page from glass and turned machine off for 10 seconds as instructed and....

Presto, another test page was printed.  When will I ever learn.  The only solution to this problem is to get rid of the HP product.  That is the solution that ALWAYS works.

HP Recommended
===Solution one===

1. Turn on the HP PSC 1315xi unit.
2. Disconnect the USB cable from the all-in-one.
3. Press the sequence of front panel buttons below to initiate the
print cartridge alignment process.

The button-press sequence must be completed within ten seconds. It

might take several tries to complete the sequence within ten
seconds.

a. Press and hold Cancel.
b. While holding Cancel, press On.
c. When the Check Paper and Check Print Cartridge lights begin to
blink simultaneously, release both buttons.
d. Press Cancel again.
e. Press Copies.
f. Press Paper Type.
g. Press Color Start Copy.

The Alignment page will begin printing.

If the Alignment page does not print, repeat the button-press
sequence in this step.

4. Once the Alignment page is printed, place the page face down on the

scanner glass and press Scan.

The alignment is complete when the On light stops blinking.

5. Reconnect the USB cable.

If the above steps does not resolve the issue, then I recommend you to
proceed to next step to perform a partial reset on your unit.

===Solution two===

Perform a partial reset on your PSC 1300 series all-in-one by holding
the button combination given below, while plugging in the power cord.

CAUTION: A reset will reset the user settings to the
factory defaults:

Disconnect and then reconnect the power cord. When the lights begin to
flash, press and hold On/Resume and Paper Size. When only the
On/Resume
light is flashing, release both buttons. When the On/Resume light is
steady, the reset is complete.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.