01-11-2011 09:54 PM
I have this all-in-one printer/scanner/copier and am so happy with it. Well, I was until I tried to scan something to my PC. I tried a whole bunch of things before I finally stumbled on the answer; and believe me, I felt a little silly after all of the effort I had put into figuring it out. Here goes... You need to open a port in your firewall to enable this wireless printer to do it's thing. Anyhow, go into your firewall settings and find the ports tab. Once here you can open the properties tab on your printer. Copy the relative information from the printer properties into the open ports information, apply it, and you are set. I was so tickled that it just took a couple of seconds to do the scanning that I wanted to do. Have fun, be happy, it will all work out for you now. Karen.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation