Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP CP4525
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a printer HP CP4525 with firmware

20140725 07.164.1

I'm trying to load latest firmware 07.250.2  24Jan2017 via web interface and ftp, but it just won't load.

*The web interface fails with message "Upgrade firmware aborted due to errors".

*When use FTP, once the firmware file is uploaded, the printer auto reset but old firmware still shows up.
I even log in as Admin via FTP, but still no luck.

Please advise anyone!

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I see others have had similar problems on this forum.  One user found that this error was caused by the device having the Remote firmware upgrade check box unchecked causing any form of remote firmware update to fail. A cold reset would also fix this issue as it would recheck the box to enable it. I do not know if your particular model had this option, which is in settings tab>security>Device security settings (configure button)>options for services.

Though I work for HP, My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I see others have had similar problems on this forum.  One user found that this error was caused by the device having the Remote firmware upgrade check box unchecked causing any form of remote firmware update to fail. A cold reset would also fix this issue as it would recheck the box to enable it. I do not know if your particular model had this option, which is in settings tab>security>Device security settings (configure button)>options for services.

Though I work for HP, My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello friend

Please do a cold reset and then use this Easy FW utility to load it

I hope this works for you

Though I work for HP, My posts express My opinion, and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

That works.

Thanks Strmcsr ! You're rock.

Didn't have to do Cold Reset!

Thank you for All replies!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.