08-19-2013 12:08 PM
I have an HP color LaserJet CP3525n. It is connected to a windows XP x32 machine. I need to share this printer with a win 7 x64 but, when I try I get a message about not being able to find the correct driver. I know that if you have HP 6122 I can use the 990c and be fine on the whole share between an x32 and x64. Is there a similar driver I can use for this?
08-19-2013 02:10 PM
You can use any printer driver that you want provided that the driver is compatible with the OS (x32 vs x64).
Since you are using an Enterprise grade CLJ I would suggest pursuing a Universal Print Driver for your XP machine. There are 3 flavors to the UPD so play around a little until you find one you like. UPD PostScript generally has the least amount of errors in my experience. You can find the most current UPD PS by searching on http://support.hp.com .
Otherwise you can use any printer driver that you want from any other printer model. The limitations hit when you want to use functionality that is specific to your printer but does not exist on the print driver. The opposite is also true where a print driver supports featrues that are not currently on the printer.
My HP Enterprise Profile
My Verizon Wireless profile
If you found this post helpful then please award it a Kudo (purple thumbs up) or even better mark it as the solution : )
08-19-2013 04:45 PM
09-10-2013 09:02 AM
What is happening is Windows 7 client is looking for x64 driver on the server. It cannot load Win32 driver in x64 based system. Install x64 based driver as additional driver on your system that is sharing printer.
1. Download x64 driver from hp.com. Possibly extract files known location
2. Open printers folder.
3. Right click on the "shared printer"
4. Click on "Properties"
5. Click on the "Sharing" tab
6. Click on the "Additional Drivers..."
7. Check the box for 'x64 Type 3 - User Mode'
8. Click OK.
9. Select directory where extracted x64 driver location to install driver
10 Click on Close
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation