Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hey GeoffR2,

Color toner is the absolute hardest for 3rd party manufacturers to make.  The patents that Canon/HP and everyone else uses are tightly controlled and overlapping.  In other words, they may patent 100's formulas to get one color.

Back to the streaks... The companies who refil or make their own toner with Chinese made blanks (empties) and OPCs (drums) use a toner that is not even close in color and hope the machine will compensate for it through calibration.  So you will get a lot of re-calibration issues where the machines are losing their minds and calibrating after a handful of pages.  Also, the particles are larger, different shaped and react differently to the specific charge put onto the (non-HP) drums. 

All that said, there are a zillion different 3rd party manufacturers.  All you need is a small mixing machine and some access to the right chemicals.  There are too many suppliers of the base powders and 3rd party guys buy from the lowest price vendor.

Additionally, color toner does not have metals in it and rely on a semi-conductor charge (like a carpet giving you a shock) so sealing up the color toners against leaking is difficult.  Monochrome toners use magnetic seals, but lacking metals, color cannot.  Sealing them up is best left to the pros.  Also, some generics leak the entire toner load in one shot if the seal breaks.  That may effectively kill your machine.

Color is a really different animal than mono-chrome.  If you need quality prints, stick to OEM.  If you don't care if the colors are perfect and you can deal with leakage issues, then you can try  generics.  Just remember the newer units are a lot more percise and will not play nice with generics.   It's also a  high risk gamble. 

HP Recommended

Ok Thank you for your help

Problem solved by the obvious.

Installed genuine Hp Toners and it works as it should do.

I managed to get Toner Giant to take theirs back for a full refund.

Thanks every body with there posts, all very helpfull

Thank you again

Geoff

HP Recommended

Yes replaced with genuin Hp Toners and all working properly now.

Thank you

Geoff

HP Recommended

not necessarily! Thats how HP makes their money, on consummables. A good refiller will test their toners before they send it out.  If its lines or streaks..which was never addressed, its the toner/drum cartridge, PCR or the refiller did not clean the toner cartridge proper.

Dont assume all are the same. A lot of junk toners come out of China/Mexico.

Technician
HP Recommended

Hello,  Can you provide additional information to describe lines/streaks.  Do they appear on all pages, are they vertical or horizaontal in nature?  Also what model of Color LaserJet do you have?  This information will help deduce what may be the possible issue.

Thanks,

Norm

(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

I have the same issues! I have an HP Laserjet pro 200 color mfp  mr76nw

I followed the instructions to re-download the software.

my printer puts itself in cleaning mode very frequently yet i don't see a way to make it do that at my command. I also cannot find any info on a "full" toner cartridge for this model or how to replace one.

any advice is welcome, thanks!

HP Recommended

I'm no expert on color models as much as the mono models, but it looks to me one of the toners have gone bad, check the drums is there any toner on that, if there is then the wiper blade on that toner has gone bad, color laserjets are more a pain to troubleshoot than the mono ones because there is 3  more toners to worry about, and its on a transfer belt.

I think there is a issue with one or more toners in there.

Also non-OEM color toners can be a problem too, because of the different toner componds, this is bad enough on the mono, but a lot worse on the color models because the color toner has to be mixed together for the different color layers.

HP Recommended

Lines & streaks can be caused by the transfer belt.  or a bad wiper blade in the drum unit. OEM despite all their claim to fame, still can produce a poor quality toner.  No sure as to what you are wanting. There are no issues, thats a polite way of saying..only problems,

Colour toner is rough on the transfer belt.

Technician
HP Recommended

I cannot agree more printerman, Kudos for you.

HP Recommended

Buyer beware when buying knock off toner. Chinese/Asian/Mexican toners can be good. But test it first before warranty day..For Staples knock offs, its 14 days. Transfer Belts wear faster when you do a lot of colour.  You are supposed to be higher education, use it! Your last paragraph is poor. Stop trying to be an expert. If in doubt print a page of CYM. If poor quality, put down the phone and seek human advise..not the internet.

Technician
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.