Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ColorJet 2600n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have all new 4 toners HP 124 & HP124A (combo) installed at the same time, but the color red is not printed. I had the same problem with last 4 tones, and thought that the Magenta was BAD, and now with all brand new tones, the problem is still there. Please help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The scanner lens is dusted over.  Below is an instruction sheet with pictures on how to repair.  It will take you a bit of time but will work fine when you are done.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The scanner lens is dusted over.  Below is an instruction sheet with pictures on how to repair.  It will take you a bit of time but will work fine when you are done.

HP Recommended

Thank you for giving the instruction.  It's not an easy one, I did follow step by step but the printer is now not print black ink any more, print document faded out starts form the right at first,  then get worse, even the printer still see the full back ink tone. What did I do wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Recheck all connections.  You may have to disassemble again and put back together.  Usually I leave the back cover off and do not reroute the wiring until everything tests ok.  You can have the wires hanging in the back and then put them in correct after you get a good test.  If the black was working before then the toner should be ok and it is something you did not do right.  I trust you removed the toners when you did the procedure and did not insert until everything was back together.  If you did not then start over again as you have shutters for all colors and if something does not sit right you could have an issue.

HP Recommended

Thank You!

Problem is solved!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.