Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

We have a HP D2460 printer in our office, the problem is the power light indicator always blinks indicating that its busy..

When we try to  print, the status of the printer goes to offline, even though the printer is turned on.

We already tried the HP Diagnostic tool and all the solution HP suggest in this website

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02221706

but all solution failed to remedy our problem.

We could seriously needs some advice from your support team to fix our problem.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I've got the same problem and I'm looking for solution.

HP Recommended

I found the solution and it really works.

One of my cartridge was broken.

DrixMaverick wrote:

"I have experienced the same problem. What i did was to find out what causes the problem. Since i have experienced that problem after changing my black cartridge (HP21), i have a hint that one of the cartridges is defective. Here's what i did which solved my problem:

>> I checked both catridges by removing it (one at a time - then closing the printer cover) and wait if the light will stop blinking.
>> If the light stops blinking, then the cartridge that you have removed is the defective one.

Hope this will solve your printer problem."

HP Recommended

I had the same problem and almost threw out the printer. Fortunately, I checked the forum and found the suggestion about the cartridges. I tried it and, bingo! It solved the problem. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I tried the suggestion of removing the cartridges one at a time and found that after removing the black cartridge (HP 21), the power button stopped blinking . The print command was recognized when I tried to print something in color. I put back the black cartridge and the power button started blinking again. I replaced the defective cartridge with a new one and it did not blink anymore. I was also able to finally print again.

We almost called for a technician to have it checked and repaired. We saved time and money. Thank you for the suggestion. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.