02-01-2014 05:37 PM
I recently bought the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One and I have connected the printer to my internet connection through the cd set up (currently works whilst using cable.
However whenever I attempt to make it wireless, it comes up with the same message saying that it is unable to find the printer?
It gives me 'common fixes' to attempt, and I have attempted them all however nothing has worked.
The laptop I am using is a Windows 7 HP Pavillion, and I would like to know if there is something wrong with my PC or the printer?
02-04-2014 08:36 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!
I understand you are unable to setup the printer on the wireless network.
I will be happy to help you.
Power reset the router.
Make sure the computer is on the correct network name.
There is a couple of ways that you can setup the wireless.
Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for more than 3 seconds to start WPS push
mode. The Wireless status light starts blinking.
Press the WPS button on your router.
The product begins a timer for approximately two minutes while a wireless connection is
Since you already have the printer installed you can configure the wireless through the USB connection.
1. Depending on your operating system, do one of the following:
●Windows 8: On the Start screen, right-click an empty area on the screen, click All Apps on
the app bar.
●Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP: From the computer desktop, click Start,
select All Programs, click HP, click HP Deskjet 2540 series.
2. Click Printer Setup & Software.
3. Select Connect a new printer. Follow the on-screen instructions.
I believe that this will provide a resolution to your issue. Thank you.
I work on behalf of HP
Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation