01-16-2013 07:45 PM
I have an HP Deskjet f4580. I used it with an HP laptop with Window 7 and it worked fine. Now I have a sony vaio with Windows 8 and while the printer did install, it will not scan. It keeps giving me the "another program is using your printer" error. I unplugged the printer, Restarted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, and attempted to use the HP doctor none of which worked. Is there a solution to this problem or am I just going to have to get a new printer?
01-18-2013 05:52 PM
Try downloading and running the print and scan doctor located here:
It can fix a lot on its own and if not give a better idea of what is going on.
Best of Luck!
01-18-2013 05:56 PM
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation