02-19-2014 01:43 PM
I have a unique situation where I had to replace a broken printer in an off-site building. I had an old but working HP DeskJet 6122 that I put in it's place. However, non of the built-in Windows drivers work and all of the instructions I found online say that the 990c driver is compatible, but it's only available via Windows Update.
This computer does not have Internet access. It's a stand-alone building that is used for bus maintenance and they just need to print out schedules and the like.
I had found a few drivers online, however they are not compatible as I need 64-bit drivers.
I am running out of ideas here. Theoretically I could haul the whole computer and printer setup to another building with Internet, but that's just going to be a major PITA due to it's location and the weather conditions.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation