Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Have seen on forum same problem as mine!

Front three flashing lights.  On/off static. 

There can't be a problem with the ink  because when it is switched on it does the print test automatically and both black and coloured inks are fine.

So, no paper jam ..... no problem with the ink.

I have tried unplugging it whole thing and switching on several times.  Also removed and reinserted the cartridges.

Have some urgent information to print off regarding health problems.   HELP !!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

As you mentioned that a sheet will print automatically once the printer starts, did you compelte the alignment progress?

The printed sheet should be scanned in order to complete the proccess.

Please the sheet on the glass with its face placed down, the click Start Copy Color to start the alignment.

Once the proccess compeltes the lights should no longer blink.

For any further issue, try following the steps below according teh exact blinking lights:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01758409

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you for prompt reply.

I had laready visited the link you suggested before I posted but not being successful, I asked the wise forum.

It is Sods Law.  Now that I want it to print out and then scan ... it will not print the test sheet.  You can hear the click clack of the printer inks and then it tries to print and you can hear it printing for a couple of seconds and then it stops.

I have turned it off several times and unplugged all leads and restarted but it won't do what we want now.

Still got three blinking lights.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

Could you please clarify which exact 3 lights are blinking?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

The three front lights are flashing.   The on/off green light is static.

After a while the flashing front lights disappear.  Nothing appears. Just the on/off green light.

I have tried to print again but there is no movement at all when I give the command to print.

When I open 'All Active Printers' fromm the  print icon it shows that the document is printing !

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Not having a reply I have put the HP printer in the bin.  It cannot be resolved, obviously.

I have ordered a WIFI Canon printer from Curries.  So hope I will have better luck.

Shame the forum could not resolve the issues.  Goodby HP !!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.