01-18-2013 08:32 PM
I just bought a new printer HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2520hc,the problem is my Printer always shows " Door Open" whenever I want to print at home, however when I bring the printer to test at my office, the printer can run smoothly...Everytime at home, it can't be used and the same message appear.
01-24-2013 01:21 PM - edited 01-24-2013 01:21 PM
If the printer will work at the office and gives a door open message at home, then most likely the surface that you are using the printer on at home is not level. If the printer doesn't sit level, then the sensors in the unit can give false messages.
Have you tried putting the printer on a different surface or even tried placing the unit on a non-carpeted floor in the home to see if the door open message will go away?
I am not an HP employee.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation