07-29-2013 08:57 PM - edited 07-29-2013 09:20 PM
Require some help on install the driver for the scanner functionality in Windows Server 2012, whenever I tried to install the driver manually, it prompts an error message stating:
"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attepting to install it.
HP Deskjet 4610 series (USB)
An error occurred during the installation of the device:
The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact your hardware vendor.
If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software."
I believe that Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 share the same core as I was able to successfully install drivers for the printing and fax.
Manually extract "DJ4610_Basicx64_1313.exe" and attempt installation manually for drivers
- Printer driver successfully installed
- Fax driver successfully installed
- Scanner driver failed
Added server roles "Print and Scan Management"
- Scanner driver still failed
Added features "Desktop Experience"
- Scanner driver successfully installed
07-29-2013 09:38 PM - last edited on 04-20-2016 08:47 AM by OscarFuentes
The specific prodct is not compatible with any server operating system but only with consumer operating systems, you may find the system requirements listed below:
There are other higher-end products (e.g. Officejet 6700, Officejet Pro 8600, etc.) which officially supported on Server 2003 or 2008, I believe the latest software for those products should run on Server 2012 as well but there is no official support statement:
For the 4615 you may install the scanner software on the clients but not on the server.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation