Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
PSC 1350 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there!  Recently I got a new hard drive installed on my year-and-a-half-year-old Samsung laptop, along with Windows 10 (64-bit) as well. Instead of using the original installation disc for my HP psc1350 all-in-one Printer (purchased 1/2004), I utilized your web site and just did a download tonight of HPPIW.EXE .  My question is: I don't see the original HP Director on the desktop now after that download of above file. The copy, print, scan are all working though, so that's great! So am just wondering about the "Director" now, if I can somehow get that - either from HP's support website or from my original installation disc? Thank you, CR-Issquah (8/26/2015, 9:00pm-PT)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Director was only supported for your printer up to Windows XP, since Windows Vista a full feature software no longer available for your printer and there is no HP Director or HP Solution Center application provided.

You may follow the following document which list any available workaround and limitation of hte provided solution:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04740294

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Director was only supported for your printer up to Windows XP, since Windows Vista a full feature software no longer available for your printer and there is no HP Director or HP Solution Center application provided.

You may follow the following document which list any available workaround and limitation of hte provided solution:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04740294

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi, I have an HP PSC 1350  and downloaded the HPPIW.EXE as well. For me, it tells me to go to Device Manager to update my driver. Did it tell you to do the same? 

For me, it doesn't work. It just says that the driver is not found and when I try to look up the driver for the laptop under HP, it is not there.

Was just wondering if I did anything bc I have tried everything to get this printer to work.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.