08-03-2010 01:09 PM
HP Director software will not install on my new windows 7 PC. The PC picks up and automotically downloads the drivers so the printer works, but will not pick up the software for the scanner. I have downloaded the installation file for all the "All in one" software for this printer but the installation crashes at the last stage "Configuring product". I have screen shots of the error messages if this will help diagnose the problem. I have spent may hours trying to resolvethis so i would be grateful for some help. Thanks. Damian
troubleshooting : I have followed all the guidance in the HP Installation Error document.
setting changes : MY PSC1610 worked on my old XP computer. The problem has arisen trying to install the HP Director software on my new windows 7 PC.
08-04-2010 11:01 AM - last edited on 04-18-2016 11:48 AM by OscarFuentes
Probably not what you want to hear, but here's a statement on Vista and Director. Since Win 7 released after Vista, I think the answer is the same for Win 7.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation