Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ENT 600 M602 Laser Jet
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, 

We have a printer that is making a ridiculous grining noise from the fuser.

Here is some information based off of another post I read.

The printer is plugged into the wall.

The drivers are current.

The printer is on a level surface.

The fuzer was just replaced with a genuine HP parts kit. (Both fusers make the noise and both are genuine HP)

The toner is Genuine HP.

Clues:

If I put about 3 lbs of pressure on the back of the fuser during printing it does not make the noise.

If I wiggle the fuzer during printing it makes the noise off and on during wiggle direction change.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

James

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

What you are describing sounds like a problem with the fuser drive gear.

I once researched the issue and was unable to come up with an HP part number for the gear assembly however I could find it available as an aftermarket part.

I'll have to look back into it and see if HP ever issued the part number for the gear assembly.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

Are you speaking of the drive gear on the printer itself or on the fuser assembly.

Also, what were you thinking might be wrong with it?

Damged teeth?

Bad bearing?

both?

Thanks for your reply.

James

HP Recommended
HP did release the part number for this while I wasn't looking.

RM1-8418-000CN

http://partsurfermobile.hp.com/

I tried to paste a link to the park but it looks like it might just be a link to HP parts website.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

HP Recommended
I'm doing my posting while stuck in traffic and just reviewed the instructions for replacing the gears it is a rather extensive project and would probably take me about an hour and a half.

In other words allot yourself plenty of time for the job if you do decide to do it yourself.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your time.

I will look in to this part and post back with my results. 

This coudl take a few days.

James

HP Recommended
I have had people contact me previously looking for a good part number for that and I knew that HP employees could get the part but the number they used was not orderable on HP websites.

I suspect that someone will have posted instructions online or maybe even a YouTube video.

HP Recommended
While I have not seen a gear fail on this series when the equivalent part wears out in other machines there is usually a pile of plastic powder directly under the gear.

HP Recommended
I have the same problem and haven't found the part yet either. Has HP released the part? The fuser gear assy keeps slipping and then causes the paper to stall at the fuser entrance plus you can hear it clucking during the feeding of the paper. need it thank you
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.