Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet M651n Color Print

I am a printer tech and been dispatched to this client for the third time now with the issue being shadowy background on the pages. I ran a quality test and sure enough the issue appeared on the Magenta page only so I swapped out teh toner and it cleared it right up. About two weeks later another call, same issue, same cartridge. Swapped out cartridge and the issue cleared up. Now they are calling and saying the Cyan is doing the same thing. Error log says calibration error. Belt looks good, fuser looks good. I have done a full calibration and doesn't take care of it. Am I missing something here?

Thanks Paul

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Defects like this can only come from the toner cartridges. If the customer is using hp original toner cartridges you should be able to return the defective cartridge to place of purchase for refund or exchange. I would run a supplies status page to see what percentage the toner cartridge has left. Include that page when returning the toner cartridge. You may want to upgrade the printer firmware as there was an issue where the true amount of toner left in the toners was being over reported so toners reached there end of life before the printer told the user. If when you replace a toner cartridge, the print quality issue goes away, then the issue has to be the toner cartridge and nothing else. If there was something in the printer causing the issue it would have happend to all 4 toners or would happen to only 1 toner but since it is now happening to another color I would think you just have a bad run of toners.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.