06-24-2010 01:10 PM - edited 06-24-2010 01:25 PM
How long company (HP) will ignore HP LaserJet 1000 users?
We need drivers that working on Windows 7!!!
Don't try to ask me buy another - new model of HP printer, because mine is work very well!!!
HP printers working very well, but in case with driver support I'm very disappointed in this company!
11-14-2011 01:14 AM
Laserjet 1000 series is a PCL5 printer, that is , you should be able to print on LJ1000 using a "generic print driver" called HP UNIVERSAL PRINT DRIVER (UPD).
This should install in Win 7 without problem. Íf it works, you may lose some functionality on the printing methods. But basic printing should work.
UPD download page (LJ1000 is PCL 5 printer, so download the PCL5 version) :
Please let me know if this solution works ?
11-23-2011 03:44 PM
Setup the printer on a 32-bit machine like WinXP and install the host based drivers.
Then follow these threads for the solution. See posts by Los15 and erpp.
Windows 7 and HP Laserjet 1000
Laserjet 1000 - windows 7 driver solution
You are basically using the DOS driver for the Win 7 machine.
03-19-2012 10:24 PM
03-20-2012 02:54 AM - edited 10-04-2013 07:08 AM
Follow the steps below
1. First you’ll want to download the latest printing solution for Windows XP. Tthe filename of the download should be lj1488en.exe.
2. Run the download to extract the files, and then click cancel on the installation screen when it appears.
3. Right click on the setup.exe file, selecting “Properties”.
4. Click on the Compatibility tab, check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” checkbox and select “Windows XP (Service Pack 3). Click OK and run that file.
Note: You may get a few error box windows and you may have to click on the “Skip” button when it asks you to power on your printer or connect the USB cord but it should install the driver and the printer solution software.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
04-17-2012 07:42 PM
For installation of the LaserJet 1000 in a W7 64 bit system, using XP Mode, please see the following link. It also contains information about how to install XP Mode in W7 Home.
08-06-2012 01:42 AM - edited 08-06-2012 01:44 AM
I have just installed the xp driver for lj1000 on a dell win7 32 bit machine and it worked. just had to choose the correct usb port the printer is attached to.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation