Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
How is this a solution. I installed the package but I still do not get the option to select the driver.
HP Recommended

@ChrisBedford wrote:

"The refusal to support this product is nothing more than a money grab to force users to buy new equipment, despite owning an otherwise fully functional printer."

A common misconception and I wonder why HP (and other manufacturers) doesn't/don't do a lot more to dispel it.

The fact of the matter is it is APPLE who decide when to discontinue support for older model printers when the OS increments a version number. Steve Jobs' control freak mindset said that Apple, and Apple alone, will control the hardware drivers for Mac OS, and so HP said fine - here's the APIs, go ahead, do your worst.

It's out of HP's hands. Look at how many old printers are still supported under Windows 7 and you will see they acknowledge their printers do keep going forever. Apple has this "f(*&^ you" attitude - "naah. It's too much like hard work to update those drivers. Buy a new printer."

Sorry, no. This is all HP. My proof: I have a LaserJet 1012 in addition to my 1020. Basically the same printer. My 1012 works great on OS X (all versions), as well as Windows XP. But when I upgraded to Windows 7 a few years ago? HP has decided the 1012 won't work with Windows 7! Of course, like the resolution discussed in this thread, the 1015 driver for Win7 works with the 1012.

HP Recommended

Gracias por tu aporte, la solución para instalar la HP1020 está en el enlace que colocaste. funciona perfecto.

Nuevamente gracias.

HP Recommended

Bless your heart - thanks for taking the time to post!  Printers come and printers go, but this darn HP 1020 is still the most reliable and best printer I've ever had.  Would've cried if my new MacBook Pro wouldn't accept it.  You made my day!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information on this thread! I Just connected my 1020 using an old Monoprice Print Server and using the instructions from here:

http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Drivers-for-the-HP-Laserjet-1020-on-Mac-OS-X

and here:

http://www.jayway.com/2010/04/08/hp-laserjet-1020-in-snow-leopard/comment-page-1/

Hope this helps someone!

HP Recommended

This Link Is Not Working. Please Tell Me What Sh'd I Do Now ?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.