Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Performed a Cold Reset on a HP LaserJet 1022n,  with a previously assigned static IP.

Config page IP reads 0.0.0.0

Config By - Manual

I cannot connect to the printer to manage it over the web,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I think the best bet now is to do a fw update on the printer.   You will need to connect to the printer via a USB cable to do the update since your network connection is not working correctly.   Here is a link to the fw update.

That should bring your printer up to date and/or clear the issue.  Give it a try.

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

DHCP has to be active when the printer is first connected.  After it is connected you can assign an IP and then turn DHCP off.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

How do I activate DHCP? The HP LaserJet does not have a window/screen and I cannot connect via web.

Thaks for your help

HP Recommended

Oh, DHCP is a service on your router that automatically issues IP addresses when a device joins the network.  Do you have access to the router?  If it is a regular router that you have not messed with much, DHCP is probably already enabled as a default.

What router is it?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Actually it's not from a router. The problem is the printer is set on manual, not dhcp.

HP Recommended

OK, can you change it from Manual to Automatic (or DHCP)?  You may be able to get to the EWS if you connect it to your computer directly with an Ethernet cable.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I cannot change the from Manual to Automatic (DHCP). Tried to connect via direct connection w/Ethernet cable, browser to EWS/0.0.0.0 and the connection timed out. Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

What procedure did you use to perform the cold reset?  

HP Recommended

Reboot with green diamon and red circle depressed.

HP Recommended

I think the best bet now is to do a fw update on the printer.   You will need to connect to the printer via a USB cable to do the update since your network connection is not working correctly.   Here is a link to the fw update.

That should bring your printer up to date and/or clear the issue.  Give it a try.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.