02-02-2010 03:49 PM
I have an HP Pavilion Elite with Windows 7. I have been trying to connect a parallel HP LaserJet 1320 to the computer using a USB to parallel converter cable. When I plug it in, it shows up in the devices window as an "Unspecified" IEEE-1284 Controller. When I tried to manually install the printer, I selected "add a local printer", selected port USB001 (virtual printer port for USB), and selected the correct driver for HP LaserJet 1320 in the list after doing the Windows Update. When it tries to print a test page, it shows up in the queue but will not print. I tried a couple different things, including all of the port options provided, but nothing works. I would appreciate any advice to get this printer working!!
06-05-2010 02:37 AM
I had the identical problem with the identical hardware. Finally I installed the driver as a Bluetooth device and the system began to recognize the printer and it worked. Note the printer is not a Bluetooth device.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation