06-11-2010 11:33 AM
I have ran into an issue installing a networked HP LJ 2420 printer to a Windows 7 machine. When I add 'A Network Printer', it finds it without problem but windows updates cannot find the driver and I have downloaded both the 32bit and 64bit drivers from the HP website and this returns an error 'Cannot find suitable driver'
Has anybody run into this issue, or have any advise on how to proceed?
09-28-2010 02:29 PM
You can try following the instructions in this document, installing the drivers in compatibility mode: HP Color LaserJet 2820/2830/2840 Installation Instructions - Windows 7 32 bit only "Compatibility Mode". They may help, if you are running the 32-bit OS. the document is located here:
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation